BSc Environmental Engineering (Zurich University of Applied Sciences, 2011)
- Biodiversity & ecosystem services
- Landscape ecology
- Wild bees
Delta Optimist: UBC study looks at ways to support wild bees in Delta
Delta Farmland & Wildlife Trust: Newsletter July 2016
Publications and Presentations:
- Clausen, M., Bondar, D., Gergel S. and Smukler, S. (2017) Evaluating hedgerow restoration for wild bee conservation in an intensively managed agricultural landscape. Oral Presentation at the ESA 2017 Annual General Meeting, Portland, OR.
- Clausen, M., Terpsma, C.and Smukler, S. (2010) Assessing semi-natural habitats in their capability to support wild bee populations in the Agricultural Land Reserve in Delta, British Columbia. Poster Presentation at the Pollination Science and Stewardship Symposium 2016, Penticton, BC.
- Noel Roddick Service Award (2015)
- Faculty of Land and Food Systems Graduate Award (2015)
- Ursula Knight Abbott Travel Scholarship in Agricultural Sciences (2017)